Skip to main content


Canonical Church Register

Canonical Church Register

Save page 1 of 2
Open Finding Aid
small (250x250 max)
medium (500x500 max)
Large
Extra Large
large ( > 500x500)
Full Resolution

Canonical Church Register 1905-1931

Douglas County History Research Center
Douglas County Libraries
100 S. Wilcox Street
Castle Rock, Colorado 80104
U.S.A.
Phone: 303-688-7730
Email: localhistory@dclibraries.org
URL: http://DouglasCountyLibraries.org

© 2017



Profile Description

Creation: Encoded by Sarah Stevens 2017-08-11
Language: Finding aid is in English

Collection Summary

RepositoryDouglas County Libraries / 100 S. Wilcox St. / Castle Rock, CO 80104 / Phone: 303-688-7730
Creator Christ's Epsicopal Church
Title Canonical Church Register
Dates: 1905-1931
Size 1 oversized file folder
Abstract: The Canonical Church Register photocopy is a copy of the church register for Christ's Episcopal Church from 1905-1931.
Collection Number 2008.032
Language: English

Arrangement of the Collection

Collection contains a single item in an oversized folder.

Scope and Content

Collection contains one photocopy of the Canonical Church Register (1905-1931) for Christ's Episcopal Church in Castle Rock, Colorado. The records within the register detail the names of community members participating in the official acts of the church, including baptisims, communion, confirmations, and marriages.


Biography / History

Christ's Episcopal Church formally organized in 1905. The church was initially called St. Peter's. For the first two years, the congregation met at J.H. General Merchandise store on 3rd and Wilcox Streets in downtown Castle Rock. Reverend George West served as the first vicar. In 1906, the church purchased property on Fourth and Lewis Streets for a building, and construction began the following year. Charles and Mary Ellis aided in funding the construction and provided many of the original furnishings. The church appears to have changed its name from St. Peter's to Christ's Episcopal Church around the time the building was completed. A sanctuary was added in 1911. Christ's Episcopal Church was accepted as a parish in 1957. The church maintained a working relationship with the Cantril School, located nearby at 312 Cantril Street, and the school provided space for Sunday School classes and other activities. Christ's Episcopal Church was the third church in Castle Rock, and still operates at the location at 4th and Lewis Streets.


Access Terms

615 4th St. (Castle Rock, Colo.)
Castle Rock (Colo.)
Christ's Episcopal Church (Castle Rock, Colo.)
Church records and registers

Restrictions

Access Restrictions

Douglas County History Research Center material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available by appointment during normal library hours.

Copy Restrictions

The collection is used in the presence of the Douglas County History Research Center staff. Some items may be fragile and may only be duplicated with permission of the Douglas County History Research Center staff.


Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

Canonical Church Register, 1905-1931 Douglas County History Research Center. Douglas County Libraries, Castle Rock, CO.

Acquisition Information

Donated to the Douglas County History Research Center in 2008.

Processing Information

Processed by Blake Graham

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.


Related Material

2004.022 Christ's Episcopal Church Materials


you wish to report:


...
Select the collections to add or remove from your search
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
 
OK